“Unofficial” clone GCW Zero video

Josh Dimon  sent me the following:

From: Joshua Dimon <insameworrier@gmail.com>
To: larry@dingoo-scene.com
Sent: Tuesday, 12 March 2013 2:55 PM
Subject: Clone GCW Zero

Hi Larry,

I like to read your blog regularly, as well as dingoonity and openconsoles, opendora, XDA Devs and and other emulation forums.  I have made a video here of a "clone" GCW Zero in action: http://youtu.be/BtTRQq75Hhg

This is an "unofficial" GCW Zero sourced from a Hong Kong company. It is called the H350. I bought this through Alibaba. It costed less than the Kickstarter GCW Zero price.  I found the information on the source of the device from this forum: http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,276.0.html

This device is not supposed the same as the real the GCW Zero.  I guess this means the software will be different. As for the device, it seems to me to be the same externally to the GCW Zero (looking at pictures I have seen of it),  I do not know what is in the real GCW Zero hardware inside. SNESFan seems to think that this device is an early version.

The PS1 emulator is working quite well IMHO.  I have not had time to test the other emulators. I will do more testing soon.

I am posting this because many people are interested in the project, and these clones.  I think people have a right to know information, so they can understand their options, and can make their own decisions on these things.

Thank you

Josh

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dingoo A380 Review

Mancala for Dingux released (Mandingoo was released in 1975)

Idiot’s Guide to installing Dingux using Windows released

An interview with the creator of the Tauon PC-1, Volodymyr Mishin

How to show all your 17,083 c64 games from the c64 romset (archive.org) on the C64 Mini or C64 Maxi loader

Tauon PC-1 review

The Dingoo-Scene JXD S7800B (Rockchip 3188 SoC) Android Gaming Console Review

Dingoo representative at a320.freeforums.org !